The NBCA hosts a series of event to help enhance clinical excellence, skills and knowledge for chiropractors and other healthcare professionals.
Chronic Pain Diagnosis and Management for Healthcare Professionals
Approximately 20% of the Canadian population suffers from chronic pain and is a significant healthcare burden. Chronic pain can also be challenging for healthcare providers to manage. In addition, there is a growing recognition of the role of conservative care in the management of chronic non-cancer pain. Allied healthcare professionals have an important role to plan to help alleviate the burden of chronic pain.
Chronic Pain Diagnosis and Management is a two-day seminar (16 hours), which aims to improve clinicians’ clinical skills in the diagnosis and long-term management of chronic pain. Clinicians will be empowered with necessary tools to adequately assess and develop treatment plans for chronic pain patients, that can be immediately be applied in clinical practice.
- Use standard pain assessments in relation to clinical case studies
- Perform a thorough biopsychosocial chronic pain history
- Demonstrate, execute and understand the importance of a comprehensive sensory examination on a chronic pain patient
- Recall, understand, and distinguish between various common chronic pain conditions, based on the history and physical examination (case based)
- Describe, illustrate, execute and compose a chronic pain management biopsychosocial treatment plan, based on individual patient needs
- To identify different clinical targets for management of chronic pain
- Use clinical case studies to delineate and differentiate treatment approaches
- Acknowledge the role other health care providers play in a supporting you and your chronic pain patients
- Understand how and when to utilize multiple chronic pain assessment tools in the clinic
To register, please follow the link below:
Also, we have secured a number of rooms at the Delta Saint John at a preferred rate. Please use the link to book rooms: Book your group rate for NBCA AGM & Educational Seminar